Become a Fan on Facebook

Get my bi-weekly blog updates via e-mail:

Happy New Year! Welcome 2012!

by on January 1, 2012 >> 17 Comments
  • Sharebar

So the old year has passed and the New Year has arrived, what do we do with it? First, let us give thanks to the Master and Creator of everything (whoever you conceive Him to be). Without Him watching over us, protecting and guiding us, providing for us and keeping us, we would not be here. Thank you Father!

So what? 2011 was not a great year for you but you have been given a new year and thus a new opportunity to make it an awesome year. I say take it with heart! We have lived to see this New Year and many others did not, that is a lot to be thankful for! All hope has not been lost! Here are a few tips to get you moving in the right direction:

Take a little time to reflect on last year’s happenings, but do not waste too much time with regrets about things that are clearly beyond your control now. Instead, focus on what you can do now to move your life in a positive, winning direction. If there are people who have hurt you in the past, make this the year you forgive them – for you. You can do it!

Put more thought into you. Are you happy with your overall lifestyle now? What areas of your life are you not happy with? You can start the elimination process with the things that makes you most unhappy and work your way down to the things that makes you least unhappy. Whether it’s your job, kids, family or friends, make the change to that part that makes you unhappy. If it means getting rid of your friends, staying away from your family and even your grown child or children that are causing your unhappiness, then this is one tough decision you will have to make for your sake. If it means quitting your job, then that is what you have to do to get to the place where you are happy. Do you want another job? If so, start looking for one. Do you want your own business or both? Start looking for a new job, while you tap into yourself to see what you can do to generate some income. What do you see yourself doing – in terms of making money, that you can do very well or learn to do very well? You never know what you can find once you start evaluating yourself. So, figure out what makes you happy, and start doing those things. Everyone deserves to be happy, and the fact is, each of us is responsible for our own happiness. Sometimes we just have to make the hard decisions!

Make your health your priority. If you were one to constantly put off your medical and dental appointments in order to take care of everyone else, make that change now to do things differently. Of course you should look after everyone who is your responsibility but if you are not getting the health care you need, you may not even be there to take care of anyone pretty soon. Do not overlook your health! This is the year to do number 2) Put more thought into you.

Take stock of your finances. If you were one to operate without a budget, start a functioning budget today. Every penny adds up! When you get it down on paper, you will be better able to track where, what goes. You will also be able to cut some unnecessary spending, and possibly put away a little more savings.

Take risks and do some things that you have never done before that could possibly improve your lifestyle. Like purchasing a few stocks! The stock market is very much unpredictable, but that unpredictability can work either way. You never know the turnaround a few years or even months with a few stocks under your belt can bring if you only take a chance.

Know the difference between your limitations and your possibilities; accept your limitations and encourage your possibilities.

Get your relationships in order. Weed out those people who have made you their option, while you have made them your priority. Move closer to those people who have clearly made you their priority. Relationships should be reciprocal.

I wish you a happy and prosperous 2012 filled with every good thing you can imagine or wish for. Cheers!

RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS:

Tags: , ,

17 Responses to Happy New Year! Welcome 2012!

1. Katherine on January 1, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Happy New Year to you too Marie! I have a very good feeling about this new year :) I had laid the foundation to a very important venture last year, and now all indications are showing that “success” is pending. I’m elated!

I enjoy reading those tips you have because they makes perfect sense. If we keep doing the same thing, we will keep getting the same results.

Thanks for the tips.

• Marie on January 1, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Heads up Katherine! It is awesome that it’s all working out for you. I wish you all the best with your present and future endeavors.
      Marie recently posted..Happy New Year! Welcome 2012!My Profile

2. Kevin on January 1, 2012 at 4:05 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR! FORGIVE THE SHOUT I AM EXCITED…

3. Mariah on January 1, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Happy New Year Marie! Love your blog! I think I will have to take stock of my relationships. Some people only call me when they need something, and when I need to talk, guess what? they cannot be reached. I will stop being so available.

Thanks for the tips.

@ Kevin, we heard you! All the best with whatever made you so happy.

• Marie on January 1, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Hi Mariah, sometimes we have to make the hard decisions. It’s no use being someone’s option while they are your priority. When you make yourself available, it is only fair that they be available too.

Thanks for contributing.
      Marie recently posted..Happy New Year! Welcome 2012!My Profile

• Kevin on January 1, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Hi Mariah, thank you!

4. John on January 1, 2012 at 4:16 pm

A happy and prosperous New Year to you Marie. I am with you on taking a chance sometimes. My father got me involved in the stock market at an early age, and I will forever be grateful. If there is anything to take a chance on that could really be life changing – it’s the stock market. It’s worth a try!

• Marie on January 1, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Hello John, I used buying stocks as an example, but really taking a chance at something meaningful can turn out to be life changing. You truly have your dad to thank because you probably would not have delved into stocks. Very good for you!
      Marie recently posted..Happy New Year! Welcome 2012!My Profile

5. Celia on January 1, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Happy New Year! I was just sitting around contemplating my relationship situation and you are absolutely right. Each of us are responsible for our own happiness. This is what I am taking away from this post today. I am taking stock of all my relationships and getting rid of users and abusers.

• Marie on January 1, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Hi Celia, happy you are able to get something from this post, and I wish you all the best for this new year – and beyond.
      Marie recently posted..Happy New Year! Welcome 2012!My Profile

6. Janice on January 1, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Happy New Year Marie! I am just really grateful to be able to be a part of this new year 2012. Like you say, many people did not make it – I did. Thank you Lord!

I love the emphasis you placed on “Put more thought into you” cause many of us do not.

7. Marie on January 3, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Back at you Anna :) A healthy and full of sunshine 2012 to you!
    Marie recently posted..Happy New Year! Welcome 2012!My Profile

8. Cindy on January 4, 2012 at 9:20 am

At the end of the year I always have some resolutions for the next year. This year my goal will be to secure my financial status. I know it is a big plan, but I want to do it with baby steps. At first. Your tips and advices seems to be very useful to help me with my giant plan, so thanks for sharing it;)
    Cindy recently posted..Oral Hygiene – Why is it so important?My Profile

• Marie on January 4, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Hi Cindy, happy you found the tips helpful. That’s a great goal you have and your approach is a good one. It is always good to make resolutions – realistic resolutions.

Thanks for contributing.